Senegal, March 2019
Date: MARCH 15-24, 2019
– DAY 1 (Friday, March 15): Overnight flight to Dakar, Senegal from Atlanta (with Delta/Air France).
– DAY 2 (Saturday, March 16): DAKAR – Arrive in Dakar, the West African city of the “Teranga” which means hospitality in Wolof, the country’s national language. Arrival on 2/16 at 11:00 am local time. Check in at the Radisson Blu. Lunch, R and R at the hotel, enjoy the beach/pool. Visit the Henriette Bathily Women’s Museum. Jazz night at the Just 4 you or soirée sénégalaise TBD.
– DAY 3 (Sunday, March 17): DAKAR – Breakfast at the hotel. Guided tour of the city: Assemblée nationale, Cathedral, presidential palace, Sandaga & Kermel markets. Lunch in town. Then, visit to IFAN museum of African Arts, the central Mosque and the artisan village. Back to hotel. Jazz night at the Djoloff or soirée sénégalaise TBD.
– DAY 4 (Monday, March 18): DAKAR – Enjoy a scenic short ferry boat ride on the Atlantic coast with views of the city of Dakar and the Presque-île du Cap-Vert. Arrive on Gorée Island, the most visited place in Africa by most American Presidents and well known as a UNESCO World Heritage Center and enjoy the historic venues of the island by visiting la Maison des Esclaves (the “House of Slaves”) with your local tour guide. Then your guide will explain the history behind this island and the “House of Slaves”. Taste the local goréean cuisine at the Chevalier de Boufflers Restaurant. After lunch, visit the Museum of the sea and the old prison. Back to Dakar at 6:00 pm. Dinner at hotel.
– DAY 5 (Tuesday,March 19): DAKAR/SALY PORTUDAL – Breakfast with Senegalese women business leaders (topic: Women, leadership and development) or visit businesses run by women (Jiggeen Tech hub). Visit the African Renaissance Monument, the Divinity Mosque. Departure to Saly Portudal. Check in at the Lamantin Beach Resort and Spa. Dinner at hotel.
– DAY 6 (Wednesday, March 20): SALY PORTUDAL TO BANDIA – Visit a natural animals reserve for a mini safari adventure while enjoying the flora and fauna within the park. Learn about the local wild animals of Senegal and Africa. Back to hotel for African dance session. Dinner at hotel.
– DAY 7 (Thursday, March 21): SALY – JOAL/FADIOUTH/DJILOR – Day trip to Joal/Fadiouth/Djilor. Visit the Senghor Museum, enjoy a local pirogue ride to Fadiouth the island of shells, and to the mixed Christians and Muslims cemetery. Lunch in Joal, stop at the 850-year old baobab tree, then to Djilor where we will meet the local shaman. Back to hotel.
– DAY 8 (Friday, March 22): SALY – Discover Saly. Go to the local market and the artisan village. Relax at the spa.
– DAY 9 (Saturday, March 23): SALY – Half-day trip to the Lac Rose. Lunch and back at the hotel.
– DAY 1O (Sunday, March 24): Return flight to the United States
Price: $4500 (All inclusive)* – includes Airfare, Accommodations, Excursions, Ground transportation, and two meals per day.
*Please note, single occupancy rates may be higher
First deposit before November 1.
Second deposit before December 1.
Third deposit before January 2.
Fourth deposit before February 2.
Provence, France (Club Med Opio en Provence) – June 2018
Marrakesh, Morocco (Club Med La Palmeraie) – May 2017
Corsica, France (Club Med Sant’Ambroggio Corsica)– May 2016
Guadeloupe (Club Med La Caravelle) – May 2015
Martinique (Club Med Les Boucaniers) – October 2014