An introduction to the history of the rose with Anastasia Sokolow. Virtual event, September 30, 2023.
MASTERCLASS – The World of Fragrances: The Rose, Queen of Flowers
From Rosa to The Rose, the Story of the Queen of Flowers:
Dive into the world of roses and facts, myths and mysteries about the Queen of Flowers which has been fascinating painters, poets, doctors, gardeners, chemists, botanists, perfumers and chefs for centuries.
You will learn about
– Rosa is one of the most ancient flowers, its wide range of sizes, colors, shapes and textures, and its complex genealogy to better understand how and why the flower has evolved
– “Wild Roses”, “Old Garden Roses”, “Modern Roses” and how both nature and humans have contributed to such a wide variety of species
– Rosa Damascena and Rosa Centifolia, cultivated for their unique fragrance, their history, their specificities, and the famous Rose Valleys where they are cultivated in France, Bulgaria, Turkey and Morocco.
– the processes to obtain rose essential oil and absolute
– the Sulékó language of scents and the messages conveyed by the rose.
As you discover Sulékó’s Vy Roza Eau de Parfum you will experience how rose essence comes into play in a perfume to narrate a story and to reflect the state of mind of a person.
1 1/2 hr of class
The perfume designer is open to questions from the participants.
Each participant receives, by mail, a box with all the material needed for the class:
– one dried bud of Rosa Damascena
– one vial of Rosa Damascena Essence diluted in alcohol (0,1 ml)
– one vial of Rosa Centifolia Absolue diluted in alcohol (0,1 ml)
– one spray-sample of Vy Roza Eau de Parfum (2ml)
– paper blotters to discover the scent ingredients and the perfume
This material shall allow you to discover the facets of Rosa Damascena at its various stages: natural, distilled and used by a perfume designer.
LIMIT: 30 participants
Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta Member Discount Event.
SEE LINK BELOW
A joint event with the Alliance Francaise.
Each participant can invite 1 guest to join, they will then share their screen and their material on the day of the masterclass.
Click here to register