Alliance Française d’Atlanta Executive Director
The Executive Director of the Alliance Française d’Atlanta is responsible for fulfilling the worldwide Alliance mission in Atlanta and surrounding communities by:
- 1) Promoting the teaching and learning of the French language
- 2) Promoting awareness and understanding of francophone cultures
- 3) Fostering friendly and mutually beneficial relationships between local French-
speaking populations and the surrounding community
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Alliance Française, and is oversees the administration of the Roswell and Midtown language schools, a wide array of cultural programs, and the overall strategic plans for the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports to the Board of Directors.
- Lead the Alliance Française in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Communicate effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability
- Maintain the fiscal integrity of the Alliance Française, including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget as well as monthly financial statements that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintains the organization in a positive financial position.
- Fundraising and resource development to support the organization’s mission. Organizational Mission and Strategy
- Implement an array of programs that successful carries out the organization’s mission.
- Develop and monitor a strategic plan to ensure that the Alliance Française can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
• Enhance the image of the Alliance Française through engagement with the surrounding communities and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Effectively manage the day-to-day and long-term operations of the Alliance Française.
- Hire, evaluate, and retain a competent, qualified staff of six and as many as 30 teachers
- Function as the responsible signatory for all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; graduate degree preferred
- Cultural competency, fluency or near fluency with both spoken and written
French, with experience in France or other francophone nations preferred
- Five or more years nonprofit management experience in a senior position
preferred, with a record of transparent and high integrity leadership
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking and
the ability to convey a vision of Alliance Française’s strategic future to key
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program
development and task facilitation
- Experience in budget management, including budget preparation, analysis,
decision-making, administration of multiple funding sources and reporting
- Demonstrated success in private foundation grants procurement and special event
- Must understand how to conduct:
o o o
Donor relationship maintenance
Community outreach, visibility and engagement campaigns
- Cultural competency and knowledge of the local community
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations in the nonprofit sector
- Skills in collaboration and motivation of board members and other volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
All candidates must pass drug screening, criminal background check and any other required testing.
Email resumes to email@example.com. Applications should be received by April 30th, 2017. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.