Registration and Fees Policy
- Students can register online, in person and by phone.
- All new-students pay a one-time non-refundable $15 registration fee.
- As a membership organization, Alliance Française d’Atlanta requires annual membership dues of all its students. This membership entitles students to numerous benefits. Learn more here.
- Tuition costs do not include registration fee, books, or AF membership.
- Students benefit from an “early bird” discount when registering by the specific registration deadline.
- In the case of late registration, the price for the entire session is due.
- Classes run the whole length of the session (10 weeks) unless otherwise indicated. Classes are not prorated. The make-up class policy allows students to make-up 1 class per session.
- Payment including tuition, membership and books must be made in full before the end of the registration period, by credit card (Visa/MasterCard), check, or cash.
- American Express is accepted only online. There is an online convenience fee of $5.00
- Please note that bounced checks result in an additional fee of $25.
Private Class Policy
• Payment must be made in full before the first class of each new contract.
• Students must purchase a minimum of 5 hours of private lessons.
• Hours cannot be transferred to another student.
• There is no refund on private classes once payment has been processed.
• Contract expiration dates are based on the number of hours purchased. Please see below:
• Less than 12 hours: expires in 3 months
• 12-20 hours: expires in 6 months
• 21-30 hours: expires in 9 months
• 31+ hours: expiration 12 months
If you need to cancel or reschedule a class, please do so directly with your instructor before 5:00pm on the business day prior to the scheduled class to avoid being charged for the class.
Because of our nonprofit status, our commitment to keeping tuition costs down, and our responsibility to our teachers, the Alliance Française d’Atlanta only permits refunds or transfers of tuition to another session, another person, or private lessons, until 10 business days before the class start date.
Full refunds on tuition before the class start date are subject to a $40 administrative fee.
Books are not returnable or refundable, except if they were not picked up. If books are misplaced, damaged or stolen, then students will need to purchase a new set.
Classes open with a minimum of five students. Alliance Française d’Atlanta may cancel a class due to insufficient enrollment. Tuition, books and the registration fee are then refunded in full. Students have the option to retain their membership.
Only registered, paying students may attend class. We appreciate your comprehension.
- Families living within the same household receive a 10% discount on tuition for regular group classes.
- Students receive 10% off tuition on the 2nd class for which they enroll in the same session.
- Students who repeat the same class in a consecutive quarter receive 50% off tuition (levels 101-305).
- French teachers receive a scholarship of 50% of tuition costs.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions (Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails (The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order.)
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.afatl.com.