- Tuition costs do not include fees, books, or AF membership.
- As a membership organization, Alliance Française d’Atlanta requires annual membership dues of all its students. This membership entitles students to numerous benefits.
- Classes are not prorated. The make-up class policy allows students to make-up 1 class per session.
- Payment including tuition, membership, and books must be made in full at registration before the start of classes, by credit card (Visa/MasterCard), check, or cash.
- If the student decides to set up a payment plan, breaking up the cost in installments, the first installment must be paid at registration before the start of classes.
- There is an online convenience fee of $5.00 with all purchases.
- Please note that bounced checks result in an additional fee of $25.
The Registration Period is a period in which the classes are available online and open for registration. Anyone can register online, over the phone, or in person (in Midtown or Roswell) for classes.
When registration “closes,” classes which have not attained minimum enrollment, as defined by the “Class Size” policy, will be closed. After registration closes, people will be able to register for the remaining, open classes.
Registration Periods change in accordance to session dates.
The minimum enrollment for classes to open is 4 students and the maximum capacity is 14.
For intensive classes the maximum is 8 students.
For special classes (workshops, series, conferences, etc.) the minimum and maximum may vary.
Alliance Française d’Atlanta may cancel a class due to insufficient enrollment at the end of the registration period.
- Payment must be made in full before the first class of each new contract.
- Students must purchase a minimum of 5 hours of private lessons.
- Hours cannot be transferred to another student.
- There is no refund on private classes once payment has been processed.
- Contract expiration dates are based on the number of hours purchased. Please see below:
• Less than 12 hours: expires in 3 months
• 12-20 hours: expires in 6 months
• 21-30 hours: expires in 9 months
• 31+ hours: expiration 12 months
If you need to cancel or reschedule a class, please do so directly with your instructor before 5:00pm on the business day prior to the scheduled class to avoid being charged for the class.
Because of our nonprofit status, our commitment to keeping tuition costs down, and our responsibility to our teachers, the Alliance Française d’Atlanta only permits transfers of tuition to another session, another person, or private lessons, up until 10 business days before the class start date.
Full refunds on tuition during the Registration Period are subject to a $40 administrative fee. No refunds will be issued after the registration period ends, unless the class registered for is cancelled due to low enrollment and the student chooses not to change class or take private lessons. Tuition, books, and fees are then refunded in full. Students have the option to retain their membership.
Books are not returnable or refundable, except if they were not picked up. If books are misplaced, damaged or stolen, then students will need to purchase a new set.
5% Referral Discount
For every referred person who registers for classes, the student who referred them will received 5% off tuition for their next class registration.
This is the only cumulative discount, meaning that it can be applied in addition to other discounts.
10% Early Bird Discount
Students benefit from an “early bird” discount (10% off) when registering by the specific registration deadline. This discount cannot be combined with other discounts.
- Family members living within the same household receive 5% off tuition (on the second signup) for group classes.
- Students receive 10% off tuition on the 2nd class for which they enroll in the same session.
- Students who repeat the same class in a consecutive session receive 50% off tuition (levels 101-404).
- Active French teachers receive a scholarship of 30% off tuition costs.
- Each member may only receive one discount per class per session. Discounts are not combinable.
What information do we collect? We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for? Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
· To personalize your experience (Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
· To improve our website (We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
· To improve customer service (Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
· To process transactions (Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
· To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
· To send periodic emails (The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order.)
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information? We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties? We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Terms and Conditions Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.afatl.com.