World Leader in French Language Education
With 460,000 students per year in 136 countries worldwide, the Alliance Française promotes and develops French in the US and abroad.
A member supported non-profit organization, Alliance Française d’Atlanta is the French-American cultural center serving the Atlanta community as the premier provider of French language and culture since 1912.
Since 1963 our language school has been offering a variety of courses for individuals and businesses, including the CDC, CARE, the Carter Center and Delta Air Lines.
Our Commitment to Quality
Our students learn French in a friendly, intimate setting, with a class size of 5 to 14 students. Our bilingual and professionally trained instructors focus on building students’ oral communication skills, while also teaching competency in reading and writing.
Since 2007, Alliance Française d’Atlanta is on the forefront of language education in the US by implementing the AF FRAMES project. Adapted from the internationally recognized Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), AF FRAMES means clear learning objectives based on a widely understood ‘global scale’ at each stage of the learning process.
Our nonprofit status allows us to offer the most cost effective pricing in the Metro Atlanta area while delivering the high quality cultural and educational experience one expects from the international Alliance Française network.
Tuition: 5-14 student group classes, $415-430/session (early bird discount available)
Fees: $65 books per level A1- B1 | $15 one-time registration | $60 individual membership fee
- 10% discount on tuition for 2 or more people from the same household
- 50% discount when you repeat a numbered level group class the following session
- 50% discount for currently employed French teachers
- 30% discount for staff in partnering restaurants
Private lessons: New students must purchase a minimum of 10 hours of Private Lessons
– From 5 to 11 hours: $55/hr during weekdays and $65/hr on Saturdays (only for current students)
– For 12 hours and more: $50/hr during weekdays and $60 on Saturdays (for new and current students)
(Transportation to off site locations is based on IRS mileage rate $10-$15.)
Midtown Business Hours:
Monday – Thursday: 10:00am – 6:30pm
Friday: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday: 9:30am – 1:30pm
Roswell Business Hours:
Monday & Wednesday: 11:00am – 3:00pm
Tuesday & Thursday: 11:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am – 1:00pm
Friday & Sunday: Closed
Learn French in France
Want to immerse yourself in French for 2 weeks to 4 months? Our Director of Educational programs can help you choose the language program that will fit your needs best.
Check out one of our partnering institutions, L’Institut de Français on the French Riviera in Villefranche-Sur Mer.
- Official TCF and DAEFLE examinations
- Official DELF and DAFL examinations
- Translation services
- Library with over 5000 books
- DVD library of over 80 French language films
- Médiathèque of over 100 learning resources
- MERLIN: Web resources and activities
- Information and assistance on immersion programs and study abroad