BY REGISTERING FOR A CLASS, STUDENTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY AGREE TO THE SCHOOL POLICIES AS STATED ON THE AF WEBSITE: www.afatl.com/policies
Terms and Conditions
Language School & Cultural Event Policies
On this page:
Registration Policy and Fees
- Students may register in person or by phone (404-875-1211).
- All new-students pay a one-time non-refundable $15 registration fee.
- As a membership organization, Alliance Française requires annual membership dues of all its students. This membership entitles students to numerous benefits.
- Tuition costs do not include books, or the membership and registration fees.
- Students registering after the registration period ends are charged an administrative fee of $10 if registering by the first week of the session or $15 during the second week. In the case of late registration, the price for the entire session is due.
- Classes run the whole length of the session unless otherwise indicated.
- Classes are not prorated. Make-ups for missed classes are permitted when feasible.
- Payment: Payment including membership and books must be made in full before the end of the registration period, by credit card (VISA/MC), check, or cash. Please note that bounced checks result in an additional fee of $25.
- Registration ends one week prior to the beginning of each session. Full refunds on tuition and registration before the end of the registration period are subject to a $40 administrative fee. Students retain their membership.
- Classes will only be opened with a minimum of five students. Alliance Française may cancel a class for insufficient enrollment. Tuition and the registration fee are then refunded in full. Students retain their membership.
Because of our nonprofit status, our commitment to keeping tuition costs down, and our responsibility to our teachers, tuition and fees cannot be refunded or transferred to another session, to another person, or to private lessons, after the end of the registration period. However, please note that in this case the repeat discount of 50% mentioned below can be applied.
Books are not returnable or refundable, except if they were not picked up.
- Students who repeat the same class in a consecutive quarter receive 50% off tuition (levels 101-305).
- Families living within the same household receive a 10% discount on tuition for regular group classes.
- French teachers receive a scholarship of 50% of tuition costs.
Private Classes Policy
Payment must be made in full before the first class of each new contract. Private courses tuition is not refundable.
If you need to cancel a lesson, please contact the teacher directly by 5pm the day before your lesson or you will be charged for a one-hour lesson.
Event Registration Policy
Due to our non-profit status, we cannot confirm access to events without prior reservation, nor can we hold reservations without prepayment. No refunds will be given for cancellations made fewer than 48 hours before events. An additional fee will be added to the price of admission if paid at the door.